Jan 1, 2014

twenty 13 in review [because a picture speaks a thousand words]







and you're about to get a mouthful, because a thousand pictures speaks a thousand times a thousand words. (so, not quite a thousand but if you make it to the end of this post you'll probably feel like thats how many it was anyway)

2013.

>attended my first of three semesters so far at WSU.  crazy to think I moved home from Logan a YEAR ago. It never felt like I was even there!
>got accepted and began level 1 of the El Ed program, which has been the busiest semester of my entire life and i am literally bracing myself for this next semester after the little taste i've had.
























>adventured out & took a few spur of the moment trips to st geezy with my sister, & said bye to my sweet cousin at his farewell. [link]


>unexpectedly said goodbye to all sorts of friends and people, including these 2 babes who are off serving LDS missions! 



 >Ran my very first EVER 5K. haha yup first one. (and when I say run of course i don't actually mean run)


>spent a random weekend in california. please take me back!! [link]





>after years of looking at blurry white boards, i finally got my eyes checked and got some glasses, even though if you tried them on you wouldn't believe me that they actually have any prescription. 


>Spent a fair amount of time thinking of and missing my sweet boy! The second year may go faster, but that doesn't make it any easier!


>family reunions and being reminded of what really matters most in life. [link]



>became ten notches more grateful for my sisters and all the adventures we went on together. There are few things more thrilling than exploring cities and towns and discovering places together. [link]


>wrote and read lots and lots of letters! I've said it before and i'll say it again, snail mail has become my close friend and a written letter is such a special treasure.


>Approximately half the girls I know got married. I'm beginning to feel like an old maid ;) ... just kidding.


>had a pretty big scare from this girl which I think taught us a lot. For one, don't try surfing in the back of a moving truck. ;) [link]


>I traveled to Mexico and served the sweetest little children and grew a greater appreciation for how blessed i've been and a desire to continue helping people and just to be a better person. [link] [link] [link]


>I attended a semester of SUMMER school. Yikes. Made a few mistakes through the process, but i'm glad for the experience, and am not regretting the decision i made to go!



>Said goodbye to my teen years and turned twenty! But I promise, i'm still a kid. [link]



>Assisted my amazing mother in our first year of "My Little School House" Teaching preschool is a roller coaster, and as much as I have grown to love our kids, has confirmed my choice in wanting to teach 6th grade haha. Props to my mom though she's worked her butt off. [link] (and i'm going to desperately miss her as next semester takes over my life :( )


>Got my wisdom teeth out! I had been dreading that day since I was probably 9 years old and someone informed me about these extra molars that we get removed. I'm a surgery whimp and was literally terrified for an I.V. but, i did survive and am here to tell the story! [link]


>Went on a thousand adventures with my sisters. Can I say again what would I do without my sisters? [link]



>Shot my first shot gun! [link]


>Went through a mini roller coaster for a minute applying for study abroad, and figuring out which option was best for me, and in the end received an acceptance to the Italy, Art history study abroad that i'll be going on this may and couldn't feel more confident about and excited for! [link]


>Sent off my very last holiday packages. And I am SO DANG PUMPED to say that Elder Carver comes home this year. :) (elder carver who??? I know, it's been an eternity) 2013 was the only year that we spent entirely apart! [link]



 >and speaking of him, I spent some more time missing that cute guy. with him working as AP and my semesters getting busier it's been a little more hard to communicate as frequently but when that letter does come, gosh all the lonely letter-less moments seem to disappear!


>if anything, this year reaffirmed that family is most important. and boy am I grateful for mine. [link] 



twenty thirteen taught me to cherish moments with the people that we love, it taught me that sometimes God has a slightly different plan than we have for ourselves, we just can't let up our faith because in the end, whether that be a soon or distant end, everything will indeed work out. It taught me to work hard. To trust myself and trust the choices and decisions I feel best about, no matter who or what is trying to discourage them. It taught me to find my own confidence, and from what matters most. It taught me that life is fragile, and a huge blessing and we should treat it that way. It taught me a lot about the power of prayer, and to rely on our Savior because we need him every single day. 

2013 was a good one! Difficult and challenging at times, but mostly rewarding and full of adventure and love and joy! 
I'm excited for what 2014 has to offer. Like, beyond excited. (can you say italy in 4 months?!?)
and so much more!
It's gonna be a good one, I can feel it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts from you