Jan 8, 2014

survival items needed in every purse

As I sit here in this little study lounge on the top floor of the education building at Weber FINISHED with my homework for the day (yay) but with a couple hours left until my ride home is available I was thinking I was pretty glad I have a few things to entertain myself with.  (ei, blog stalking, valentines day planning, instragramming, etc.)
Then I was thinking of the few things that I ALWAYS carry with me in my purse or bag.
my "survival" items. Things that I cannot live without, and are a must to constantly have on hand.

So here's my list of five, for now anyway.


#1. First and foremost, water. I am a thirsty soul and I think it's because of the habit i've gotten into of drinking it often. I get thirsty fast and there is not a more frustrating feeling than an unsatisfied quench. Whether I grab a plastic disposable bottle on my way out the door or fill up a big bottle with ice and water, I always have my water bottle. Plus, it's so good for you! If you don't believe me check my car floor for the millions of empty bottles that I should probably recycle now that i'm thinking about it. Oh, and i'm adding crystal light packets to this # because they go hand-in-hand.

2. My chapstick. Eos, petroleum jelly, baby lips, doesn't matter as long I have something! Especially lately in this dry winter weather, my lips desperately need a constant coat of something. Plus, I feel like the lips are one of the most important features of the face, and it's important to keep them looking and feeling nice. Especially for a future teacher, who will be doing a lot of talking and smiling!

3. A bobber. (also known as a hair elastic) My hair elastics are kind of like my phone... if I don't have one near I feel naked. (How terrible that I can actually make that analogy and have it kind of make sense.) But with long hair like mine... sometimes it just neeeeeds to be pulled back. Especially because I have fine hair. Getting ready in the morning, I think i'll be just fine making it through an entire day with second-day washed hair... but after about four hours the freshness has worn and grease seems to sneak it's way out and is just too much to handle (gross, I know) WHAT would I do without my emergency top knot?! Not to mention, it's a safety issue. There are some situations, for ex: crowded buses, bathroom visits, and go-cart rides, where the hair needs to be bunned asap or there could be chance of getting scalped.

4. Food & Gum. (sorry they get to share the same # again) I always have a granola bar, fruit leather, cutie, or apple in my bag. Always. And as soon as it's consumed, it needs to be replaced. So many times i've ran out the door without time for breakfast, or have gotten so sleepy in a class that if I didn't have something to munch on I would definitely have passed out. You never know when you're gonna get the munchies or need a little burst of energy! Or if you think you'll have time to go home and eat before work, but you don't! Better to be safe than sorry and hungry, (which also comes along with feeling delirious, unfocused, mean, ornery, etc.) And it could safe your life, once again. You didn't take me seriously when I said these were my "survival" items, did you? Throw it to a mean dog chasing you, ration it for the couple of days that you might be on lockdown due to whether or a city epidemic, if your stuck in traffic for hours or your car breaks down in the middle of no where, that granola bar could go a lot farther than you think! And gum goes along with food because naturally after you eat, a nice minty chew is always necessary.

5. Kleenex. And maybe this is only included on my list at this time just because of the miserable cold that i've had the past few days, because without my kleenex I literally would have not survived. But a portable kleenex pack always seems to come in handy. Make-up smudges, spills, (due to the food and water^^) Or, as i've been experiencing lately, blowing my brains out. And for you emotionally sensitive people like me, you never know when the tears are going to sneak up on you, or your neighbor. And how nice would that be to offer someone a comforting tissue? Not only will they save your life, but they could make a friend. (Plus don't you HATE when you accidentally squish wayyyy to much lipgloss out of those little tubes and you are left with a big sticky mess... unless... KLEENEX!)



So those are my top five for now. What can you not live without in your purse?




No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts from you