Oct 30, 2013

stephanie & elizabeth

So we all have those days once in a while where we feel extra challenged maybe?
When you feel like you didn't get what you wanted, you really don't have any friends, are wondering why things are (or aren't) working out the way they are, didn't do as well on a task that you wanted to, wishing to have the company and comfort of the one person who you can't at the time, feeling lonely, overwhelmed with projects, wondering if anything you are doing is noticed and if you are being useful, have your beliefs challenged, wishing you could get so much more done in the day, wondering why bad things have to happen in the world, etc.

The list could go on. It's just true some days these nasty little emotions creep up on us! I have to be honest with you though, I have been really happy lately and this isn't a post to tell you that i've been feeling crappy. Because I haven't! I am so blessed. Like SO extremely blessed you guys. BUT i'll admit, I may or may not be guilty of pitying myself of one or two of the above feelings at sometime in my life. I think we all have at one point or another. 

And because of that I think we should all get to know two particular women a little bit. 
Stephanie Nielson, and Elizabeth Smart. 
These ladies are amazing. And are amazingly strong despite extreme challenges that they had to face. I definitely recommend each of their books, they both wrote about their trials. It is so inspiring to see them both chose to find happiness in life when they had every excuse not to. I'm not saying that reading their stories will make your bad feelings go away, or even make them feel any better. But they do put things into perspective a little bit, and remind us of the many blessings that we do have to count.

The Elizabeth Smart book, "My Story" has been trending. So, lets be honest you have probably already read it.

Stephanie Nielson's book is called "Heaven Is Here."
Read it, you won't regret it. She is darling and you will instantly fall in love with her personality from the beginning. Stephanie also keeps a blog that my aunt Emily introduced me to. (Seriously thanks, and i promise i'm bringing your book back.) I probably cry after reading every single post. She is just that amazing, and cute, and inspiring every single day!
here's a link:


Well, there are my thoughts for you. I just loved these books so I had to share. 

HAPPY halloween eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts from you