Mar 26, 2017

HOW TO KICK BUTT AT MARRIAGE


LOL!?!?! Just kidding, I don't have all the answers or maybe even any answers but two and half years later and I LOVE being married to Jordan and despite it sometimes being hard I'm feeling pretty on top of the world with him by my side.


Hmm... so so many thoughts. I thought for sure I would have posted SO many more things on this blog while living out here but dang time just goes by so fast.
But I do feel like I have so much to share!! I have daily thoughts of all these little lessons and ah-ha moments that I want to remember so hopefully either between this space and my personal leather journal I can preserve some of these thoughts.  (PS Is anyone else ever writing in your journal and wish you had an emoji to enter in? Just me?? What has the world come to!)



First things first... A couple weeks ago we went HOME to my favorite little Farmington Utah for a week to attend my beautiful little sister's wedding. Wow. What an amazing event. Let me just tell you everything went perfect and I don't think my sister could have asked for a better day! Everything was beautiful and joyous and lovely. Just the way she likes things.  Many thanks to my AMAZING mother who somehow manages to pull off the impossible. INCLUDING creating every flower arrangement and bouquet on display at the wedding- which she has never done before but you'd think was her profession. STUNNING.


But besides the wedding being perfect being home was. so. easy. And when I say it was so easy it made me realize that you know what, I have done hard things out here! Don't let the pictures on Instagram fool you "salt on my skin and sand in my hair" isn't always what it's cracked up to be.



Of the many this is one of my favorite lessons I have learned/ am learning: Jord and I have KICKED BUTT at our marriage out here. I've mentioned my thoughts on this a little before but no matter how much I LOVE and adore my wonderful husband it has been difficult to
 work together
 live together
 BE together 24/7.
It's not even the being together part that gets tricky, to be honest I could be glued to the guy for the rest of eternity and not have any issues with it. It's the managing together and making decisions TOGETHER that affect other people. Whew. Talk about compromise. Props to all you married/ co-business owners out there. But the reason I say we've kicked butt at it is because we have had to work that much harder at making our relationship and marriage special. That even though we are together ALL the time we still have to find ways to set time aside for a special date night, or still BE excited to be together and to make the other person excited to be with you! Haha dang we have had to go from completely disagreeing with each other on a decision at the store and having the stresses of a job and come home, leave that at work and be a normal married couple who are excited to see each other after work! That takes work! And I think without even realizing it we have been working extra hard at our marriage just in these little ways. And we've been growing. We've gotten more invested in the other's hobbies and interests, have learned how to be the only other person you get to vent to AND cuddle in the same night.

Being at home eliminated the extra stresses and strains we had on us and with those gone... I could SEE the growth we had made together. Everything was effortless, our love was SO effortless. Everything was EASY. I'm not naive enough to be implying that when we move home and are "comfortable" that life and marriage is always going to be easy. (HELLO buying 2 new cars, finding a home, getting jobs!!!*^!*) But I do KNOW that because of challenges we have worked through we are now stronger and more prepared to face the difficulties that might come in the future.
 And for that I am so grateful. 
My point is working hard PAYS OFF.
Working hard at those things that are dear and important to you are even that much MORE worth it.
Allowing yourself to get out of your comfort zone and welcome difficulties WILL help you grow.
And even if things are tough, give yourself some credit!!! I'm not saying every day is easy breezy but it feels good to look at each other and say, "Hey good job at us doing this life thing together." Cause how do you even prepare for this honestly?! Say it even on a not so good day because if you're like me even on the not so good days you are still trying. We're figuring it out and we've got each other and that's what matters. And what fun it is! How do you work hard? Just don't give up. Knowing you are with someone who is as invested as you are at not giving up really takes the cake.



Hope everyone has had a good Sunday! Grateful to be married, it rocks. Grateful for the experiences i'm having. Grateful for a supporting loving doting husband.
Grateful for CONFERENCE. Watched the women's broadcast last night, it was incredible. So looking forward to next weekend! :)


Enjoy some pics of my mammas GORGEOUS flower creations and some snaps from our time visiting Utah.













I HAVE THE BEST DAD IN THE WORLD!!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts from you