Apr 5, 2012

YES to prom

The end of high school is seriously coming fast you guys.
I'm SO excited! and... getting a little nervous.
it's pretty much gonna come down to me needing a crash course on grocery shopping and cooking :/
Why didn't I help mom in the kitchen more? I'm great with treats... but freshmen fifteen is NOT part of the plan. so living off cookies, cupcakes, cake-pops, and ice-cream is outta the question!! my days of ritz crackers with icing for lunch are long gone. haha

and did i mention,
third term I got my VERY FIRST
 FOUR POINT O
4.0 
haha wahoo!!
except i would probably feel a little bit more accomplished if my classes were somewhat difficult this semester. but nonetheless, 4.0!! :)

 with high school coming to an end,
 Utah State
is right around the corner! 
Me and a few friends I'm going be living with went up to visit campus the other week. And good news, it actually was pretty warm! So I discovered first hand that regardless of what everyone is telling me it's not ALWAYS freezing cold. actually it made me way excited to move up there! Everyone on campus was so friendly, and the mountains up there are BEAUTIFUL. it really was a great atmosphere!
(Or maybe i'm just a giddy freshmen... who's just excited for everything)
the only problem besides not getting lost on the buses (which of course happened to us)
was the closet in my room :/ really?? they could of spared a little more room for those... these things are like 2 ft wide. . . no exaggeration. and there is NO way half my clothes are going to fit. So if anyone has any great ideas for storing clothes it would be greatly appreciated.  cause i'm either going to have to get really creative or donate all my stuff to the Julia hand-me-down fund. Trust me I prefer the first option, so help!

Well next week, April 14th, is my very last PROM
and besides cotillion,
this is my last high school dance!
(weird)

And since Easter is in a few days I decided to answer my date (Kyle Green) with an Easter Egg hunt!
Who knew it would be so hard to come up with a few silly rhymes.. haha


I put each clue in a plastic Easter egg, and gave the first egg to his mom, so she could give it to him.
Then placed the rest around his house where they belong!


His mom-
Kyle,
 If you want to know whether I say YES or NO
hop outside to where your mail can come or go.

mail box-
I bet all that hopping made you hungry!
Go to the place where you fill your tummy!

refrigerator-
Easter is getting closer and so is your answer!
If your good at shooting hoops, your probably not a dancer.

basketball hoop-
I love this warm weather and the bright sun.
this jumpy place is where bunnies have fun!

trampoline-
Turn up the heat, it will help you bake
cookies, casserole, and a carrot cake!

oven-
When it gets late and you turn out the light
this is where you'll be found after prom night.

on his bed-
YES!
I'm SO 'EGG'-cited for prom!

I made a little 'easter basket' to put on his bed for the last clue, and the last egg with the 'YES' in it was in the basket. It all turned out pretty cute! I bought everything at the dollar store so the whole thing ended up being under only 8 dollars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

thoughts from you