2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon grated orange zest
1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ripe, sliced banana
Preheat oven to 375 F and generously spray inside of a 10-1/2 by 7 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, chinese five spice, salt, half of walnuts, half of strawberries, and half of chocolate.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Arrange the remaining strawberries, walnuts, bananas, and chocolate on top. Pour the milk mixture over everything. Gently shake the baking dish so everything is soaked.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is nicely golden brown and the milk mixture has set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the top with extra brown sugar, and then place back under the broiler for 30-40 seconds.
^This was the recipe I got from pinterest.
When I made it, I left out the orange zest, chinese five spice, and chocolate.
And instead of strawberries, I used blueberries,
I replaced the chopped walnuts with almond slices.
and I added apples just for fun!
i'm sure there are endless variations of it that could be done!
All I have to say is...
Other then one little serving, Me julia and my mom finished the ENTIRE pan in about twenty minutes... so yummy :)